Saturday, September 15, 2012

Time Well-Wasted

     I've been falling a bit under the weather over the last few days, and though I am currently working on a movie review, trying to construct well-formed opinions takes a strange level of effort. And mustering my brain power for anything right now is difficult. So have yourself a haul post. Might as well put up the clothes I have recently procured, before the no-doubt long lull in purchases that will come once I start school.

     During the constant and perilous the debate whether to scroll on Tumblr, watch Netflix, read (finally got my hands on a copy of Paper Towns!! Praise my strange dedication to stalking this book's progress; from checked out to sorting on "on shelf." Because up until this week, the book's been constantly checked out. For months it has been like this. For MONTHS. You have no idea the heroic feat I have accomplished... But I digress.), or (attempt to) write, I often get extremely bored and need to get away from my bedroom desk. And so, yesterday, my mom and I went to see "The Words" (which was very 'meh' for me... I don't even really have an opinion on it; it didn't cause any impact, emotional or otherwise, to be honest.) and eat dinner together. (Wow, there are a lot of parentheses in this paragraph.)
However, we had some time to kill in between, considering the film ended at 4:30pm and we are not little old ladies in need of a 6 o'clock curfew. Thus, we spent a little time in the palace that is TJMaxx. My mother bought herself some new pajamas and I picked up three lovely items:


BeBop dress on sale for $20!


Monteau: Los Angeles top on sale for $10! Because I've been watching an embarrassing amount of  Once Upon A Time recently, the first time I put it on, I felt like Snow White. And today it struck me that it could be the vital component of an adorable Minnie Mouse Halloween costume. That aspect of Disney (you know, Mickey, Donald, Goofy-- Them miscreants.) has never really been my home, but I am very excited to get dressed up in it. I've always loved Halloween, but it's never quite lived up to the hype for me. Mostly because I LOATHE trick-or-treating, and for whatever reason, people my age still do?? Since age 10, I have honestly thought it to be the most boring activity in the world. Haha. But this year I may actually get to dress up and attend a party. And I am already ecstatic! Oh, it's the little things?!


Mine button-up top, $14.99. I wish this picture did it justice. This shirt is collegiate as hell, looks great with a flowy scarf, and feels amazing on. Still figuring out how to get the crease out of the bottom. Soon!

This morning, I ventured to Forever 21 to exchange those sunglasses with the weird white marks along the side. Plus, I was also recently emailed a 20% off coupon from H&M, only useable until September 16th. These forces combined, I have been passed on the power to shop! So I took a detour to H&M on the way back to my car in an effort to find brown sandals and ended up with a few other things...


 Adorable and tiny black sneakers by Divided, $12.95 before my 20% off.


Three pairs of hotpants/hipsters, 3 for $10 at H&M.


Sheer black tights by H&M, $4.95.


And here you have it, folks: the literal only pair of brown sort-of-sandals in the store. $5.95. I was hoping for something a little classier to wear with my dresses, but with these on, the straps are actually quite pretty. A lot more dressed-up than my Rainbows, even if you wouldn't think so just by looking at them. The goal is to wear this babies during Rush; because heels and I aren't exactly close friends.

When I wake up tomorrow, hopefully I will possess the motivation to finish my ParaNorman review, and it can finally be put up for the world to see! I have a lot of feelings when it comes to this movie; I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment