Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm Still an Animal


    Sometimes an average Sunday afternoon can accidentally evolve into an amateur photoshoot of 300+ pictures. What started as a backyard adventure quickly turned into an hour and half-long game of dress-up in the upstairs bedroom. Personally, I think the pictures are great! A fine mix of humorous attempts, beautiful portraits, and awkward posing. Plus, it was an opportunity to use my brand new camera! I recently bought a Nikon S6200 for just over $100, and I have to say that I'm more than pleased. It's small, lightweight, and the quality of photos is lovely. In addition, we unintentionally produced very interesting effects on the photos without meaning to... light tricks, shadows, blurs, etc. Most of which were the camera's doing. Maybe some people wouldn't be into the camera making up its own mind on these matters, but then again, some people are experienced enough to maintain control haha. I was thankful for the variety.

Because I was only hanging out with one person, all the photos of me (the unnatural, though thoroughly convincing, red-head) were taken by Cathy. And all of her less-than-professional portraits were taken by me (:



 










No comments:

Post a Comment