Friday, September 7, 2012

Captain Rook: Week #3

Flower stud set from H&M, $5.95.

I don't have a lot to remark upon this week. My rook piercing has evolved from an exertion of adult freedom to a painful possible-regret to, now three weeks in, a really cool piece of jewelry that I forget I have 80% of the time. Sometimes I will answer the phone and accidentally slam the handset into my ear, which I come to resent a half-second after I do it. And, on occasion, brushing hair behind my ear causes a bit of a twinge. But these days, anytime there is pain with my piercing, it is a direct result of my own neglect or mistreatment. Mostly, I've reached the plateau of satisfaction. Today I even went out a bought a few sets of earrings. I find that just placing two round studs on the lobe looks a bit odd on the same ear as my rook; it's too symmetrical. And so, while picking up my liquid eyeliner from Sephora, I stopped by Forever 21 and H&M to do some hunting for interesting pieces. I also got some sunglasses out of the deal, so here we go, down the rabbit hole:

 Peach Heart earrings, $3.80 at Forever 21.


Silver "BURN.S" earrings, $2.80 at Forever 21.


Two pairs of Forever 21 Sunglasses, $5.80 each.

However, I am debating whether or not to return the black pair, because of some white marks on the side. I'm not sure exactly what it is... I can't tell if there is some white paint added, or if the black paint had been scratched off?? I'm not sure if it's even worth the effort. But considering that I am down to my last few pairs of sunglasses, I suppose I should just trek back to the mall and ask for an exchange. Sigh. White people problems.

Next, I really want to write a review of the stop-motion film ParaNorman, which I saw last Sunday. It's absolutely incredible. As soon as I find a link to rewatch the magic, and the time to put all of my feelings into words, expect a movie review to come flying at your face. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment