Sunday, September 2, 2012

Everything is CocoRosie

.:Originally posted at my old blog on August 24th, 2012:.

Literally the only music I've been listening to lately. Last week, while staying over with my friends Coral and Cathy, we played CocoRosie over the television in the wee hours of the morning. And it puts one in a trance, not gonna lie. A few late-nights later, I was the only one awake at 5AM and all I did was play K-Hole over and over and over again until I couldn't keep my eyes pried open. It's been such a long time since I've really listened to some of the Coco. My favorite of the moment is definitely their cover of Turn Me On by Kevin Lyttle. The past week, I've watched and/or listened to this same youtube video at least three times a day. I don't know, there's an insanely addictive quality to it; this performance is so beautiful and passionate and interesting.

"And if you think you're going to get away from me
You better change your mind
'cause you're coming home with me tonight
So, let me hold you, c
ome caress my body
You got me going crazy

Turn me on."
But, I mean, honestly, this entire concert is absolutely mind-blowing. CocoRosie + the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra + the Netherlands = magic. I won't lie, I'd be a bit intimidated of attending a CocoRoise concert. I wouldn't even know what to expect... and everyone there would be tripping some major balls. Well, when you put it like that, it could be fun. For now, just keep your ears open to these incredible videos:








 "And if you take me inside, and give me a place to hide and cry,
I'll bathe you in the Crystal Light that sleeps between my thighs."

And here, have a bonus video (one that wouldn't suggest actually watching. Just put it in a faraway, hidden tab where you can listen in peace. Whoever shot this video was on a mission to make the viewer nauseous. And after reading that point of view in the comments, I can't get the motion sickness out of my thoughts.)


OH AND I COME BEARING ANOTHER GIFT: HERE IS AN INCREDIBLE AND GUILTY-PLEASURE-TYPE-OF-SEXY PERFORMANCE OF PROMISE / BLACK SWAN:


Take your time and work your way through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment