Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Wild Animal Park!

 
     Sunday was my niece's 3rd birthday and I really could not have asked for a better time. My family, as well as my boyfriend went to (what used to be the San Diego Wild Animal Park, but apparently is now called) the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. The weather was beautiful, we got to see all of my favorite animals, and I was feelin' the love all around. My niece, Audrey, was paying particular attention to me, asking me to hold her hand and go on the carousel with her and demanding that I stay with her all day. I got to joke around with my stepsister and her husband, and my parents were being especially lovely. They always are, but everyone was just so genuinely happy this day, it's worth noting! And it was lovely to have all of those family components mixed with with an incredible hangout with my boyfriend (:

 





   BABY ELEPHANT!1!1!!! And I certainly do enjoy seeing elephant family lovin'. Also, in case you haven't noticed, lions are adorable. They sleep just like my dogs at home... I couldn't handle it upon first sight. Though I adore the lion sleeping on the hood of this jeep, my favorite has to be the lioness below, on the left in the third picture. Reminds me of myself. What a flawless, majestic creature hahaah.

  Also, until April 7th, there is this thing at the Safari Park called "Butterfly Jungle," where you get to step into a giant atrium/cage/thing full of butterflies. You just walk around and there are butterflies fluttering about everywhere, and they land on you and it's just an all-around cool experience. I'm doing a terrible job of articulating what exactly it is... But hopefully you get the general idea. I was kind of afraid of them when I first stepped in, but it doesn't take very long to get used to butterflies surrounding you. Unfortunately, I think because I was maybe wearing a cheetah-print cardigan, none landed on me. But still - amazing!




      A Close-to-Perfect Day. Forgive all of the corniness that is about to ensue, but I'm so fortunate to have had this great start to my Spring Break, and to have so many great people to share it with. Particularly my lovely boyfriend, seeing as he's the newest edition. Question: Are you ever a little, little, little bit unsure of where you stand with a person, nervous that they'll get sick of you after a full day in your company, or scared that there will be awkward pauses that cause you to cringe and hope the ground swallows you up? I was the tiniest bit afraid for my boyfriend to come down and spend the entire day with my family and me, but I'm so glad that it happened. It was literally one of the best days I've ever had, and all of my worries have completely dissipated. I think I can officially cross #9 off my New Year's Resolution's List. I can more than think out loud in front of my boyfriend; I can nonsensically babble, I can share whatever is making me anxious, I can sing for no apparent reason, I can do anything without fear of rejection. It's an amazing feeling, being in love. Spending 30 hours together, and that not even being enough. Wow, this post is cheesy as hell, but it's the truth. And it's a blog - you gotta bring everything back to the big, lifey picture. Such a wonderful day, a wonderful year thus far, and something that's shaping up to be a wonderful life.

♥ Happy Exploring

No comments:

Post a Comment