Monday, December 31, 2012

Last Post of the Year!

     Hello all! Well, this week has gone by incredibly quickly, but here we are, at the eve of 2013. I'm still not sure what it is that I'm doing tonight... New Year's has a history of being a rather disappointing and/or boring holiday for me, and because my boyfriend is out of town, I'm not going to put too much stock into it. Whatever I end up doing on the last night of 2012, I will be content (:

Also, if you see nothing else on this post, please watch this video. Cathy and I were just messing about a few days ago, and I decided I wanted to make a non-topical vlog thing of our time together. So I'm going to stitch together an actual vlog later, but here is a musical representation of how we spent December 29th, 2012. Using a live version of "It's Time" by Imagine Dragons. Because apparently Cathy spent all of Christmas learning the clapping patterns, and when she demonstrated, an idea was born!



 I have also followed the tradition of setting up New Year's Resolutions.
 I'm calling these my "13 Goals for 2013"
  1. Get a nice picture with my boyfriend. This is a joke we established last week, but I'm as serious about doing it as one can be about such a dumb thing! We've been together for a month and a half, and yet there are no pictures of us together. I think this is because I have an underlying fear that we look like an awkward couple, so I just don't want to look at us together and know for sure hahaha. That was probably unnecessarily personal, but welcome to the blog!
  2. Keep my GPA over a 3.3 every quarter. I don't know what that equates to in letter grades, but this past quarter, I took two classes, partied with mono, and got a 3.815. So I'd like to think a 3.3 is doable! Even if I'll be adding another course, hopefully getting a job, and getting more involved in my sorority.
  3. Read 20 books. My goal for this past year was to read ten books, and I got a solid seventeen! I've been a total failure at reading during university, so this'll serve as a way of pushing myself.
  4. Continue to update this blog at least twice a week! As we all know, I don't have the best track record in posting on here. But doing this has pretty much been the highlight of my winter break, and I want to keep it up! Maybe even get a few people to... uhm... read it.
  5. Keep under 130lbs. Fun facts about me: in 2012, I lost a fair amount of weight because I started having anxiety issues when I got my job over the summer, and then I started my life at UCI, which somehow dropped my weight to about 127lbs. And I'd be absolutely over the moon to stay there. But being at home for two weeks during the holidays has been a bit of a struggle. I miss constantly having something to do! I miss the gym! I miss snacking all day! I miss walking everywhere! Hopefully it'll be easier when I get back. And wow, this turned into a bit of ramble, but that's my goal.
  6. No longer associate ~intimacy with crippling anxiety and the urge to literally chuck myself off a building. Despite my honest nature, I'm not going to go into that one too much. All you need to know is that holy hell this topic does nothing but make me nervous. I gotta figure out what the fuck is going on.
  7. Have enough money to go to Europe this summer! My cousin and I made preliminary plans to visit my sister in Germany about six months ago, and I am hoping beyond all hope that we follow through with it. It would be an absolute dream! I just need to keep my bank account from depleting.
  8. Get a job before Spring Quarter. This ties into #7, but somehow I feel its a necessity regardless.
  9. Reach the point where I can think out loud in front of my boyfriend. I read somewhere, probably Tumblr, those you can think out loud in front of are those you like the most. And I want to get there.
  10. Only buy clothes if they are interesting pieces. I have wayyy too many basics, too many T-shirts, too many solid color clothing items that I buy purely because, when I see it at the store, I think, "Oh hey! I could match this with stuff!!1!!11!!!" My closet, though stupidly full of shit I don't need, isn't very interesting. Thus, I resolve to only spend my money on pieces that look unique, and not think about making it blend in with the rest of my apparel. Life's too short, man. 
  11. Feel comfortable around my sorority sisters. The main thing that concerns me about staying in the chapter is that I haven't made genuine friends with many of the girls, and I'm still really embarrassed to be in their presences. They aren't my main group of friends. Mostly, I'm worried that I won't get an experience that is equal to the money it's costing me. And I don't know what I'm getting out of it yet. I've decided that if I can't feel at home by the end of freshman year, I'm going to deactivate :/ 
  12. No soda, with the exception of + alcohol. I've done it before, I can do it again!
  13. Keep a jar of all my good experiences. I love this idea. And so I've decorated two $1.99 bottles from Michael's, one as a late Christmas present for my sorority Big Sis, and the other for me. It's a pretty easy concept and I really want to do it! Here are the bottles I've been working on:

Favorite 2012 send-offs I've seen so far:





An Ode to the Cinnamon Challenge! 
"Dan Kim Pop Danthology 2012" - INCREDIBLE!
 Brad Hale of Now, Now's great New Year's Eve playlist!
"The mistake we'll all be making in the near future."

     Alright, I think that's it. So far I've baked some glass so the paint will stick to my New Year's bottles mentioned in #13, scrolled through Tumblr, and watched a shit ton of Django Unchained cast interviews off YouTube. It's been a good day so far. What happens tonight, we shall see!

♥ Happy Celebrating

No comments:

Post a Comment