Friday, March 8, 2013

Music of the Month - February 2013

     Once again, a wonderful month for music! I've discovered a lot of new and glorious songs, including some that surprised me. I mostly have YouTube videos to show you, straight out of my likes. By some weird twist of fate, the most addictive song for me this month was "Stay" by Rihanna and Mikky Ekko. Also, I'm very much smitten with the video, but VEVO has disabled embedding. Here is a link to the official music video!! Below, you will find a lyric video. Which you really don't need to watch; just listen. Usually Rihanna's music isn't really my style, but give this one a chance!



And to compliment that, DAMN THIS COVER IS GOOD. It is by Peasant's King. Once again, embedding has been disabled by request, but I highly recommend that you click through.

To roll back in time a bit, I noted on a blank document the playlists I listened to while studying for midterms this quarter. That was definitely during the very beginning of February, so I hardly remember it haha. But through that experience, forcing myself to sit in the Academic Center for hours at a time and wanting to smash my skull in, I discovered that my level of productivity is in direct correlation with how well I'm vibing with my music.




In general, I definitely got hooked wutherings' 8tracks. And I ended up getting straight As on my midterms, plus one of them is being used by my Discussion Leader as an example to show the class so they may match it during finals. I'm not saying it was her playlists....... but it may have been her playlists.

SO APPARENTLY IT'S QUITE FASHIONABLE TO DISABLE EMBEDDING THESE DAYS
But these videos and these songs are worth the extra clicking effort.
  1. Tom Odell - "Can't Pretend" at Dean Street Studios, and "Hold Me" Live at a Burberry Fashion Show.
  2. Wiz Khalifa (featuring The Weeknd, bust mostly The Weeknd afsjhfjhdsf) - "Remember You." The music video is really weird, but the more I watch it, the more I fall strangely in love with it. And though I really don't like the lyric "make me remember you," (as if a woman has to earn the memory of a man? Whateva.) this melody gets stuck in my head all of the time.
  3. Woodkid and Lana Del Rey - "Video Games" (Duet)
  4. Dumbfoundead - "Are We There Yet?"
  5. Walk the Moon - "Iscariot" (obsessed with the simplicity of this music video, honestly.)
  6. Little Dragon - Twice 

Also, basically all that I listen to is my boyfriend's playlist on Spotify, "Just Another." I don't think it's possible to provide a link, but if you'd like to seek it out, go for it! For now, that's all I got for ya. Did you enjoy my descent into insanity over the fact that no one allows their videos to be embedded?! I would hope so!!

Happy Listening

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say, I literally love all of your music posts. Girl has got here shit together haha.

    ReplyDelete