Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Hobbit: A Review

Because I've done a fair amount of writing the last couple of days, and I don't think I have anything particularly intelligible to say about the movie, I've decided to try my hand at a vlog review of The Hobbit. I like how it turned out; it certainly wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be!

     But I did miss a major point about the movie as a whole, that I didn't realize until afterwards. Making this video actually inspired me to go into my "Lord of the Rings" tag on Tumblr and I must say, the amount of times LOTR made me feel emotional, and the INTENSITY of that emotion, were way beyond anything The Hobbit could even scratch the surface of. That may be what was lacking from the movie in general; that emotion. Corny and cheesy as the original series was, somehow I was, am, and always will be in love with it because of the many things it made me feel. I don't think any other movie series has done that for me. However, the final explosion of ALL THE FEELS didn't happen until The Return of the King, so maybe The Hobbit is just starting off slow and will build later? Still, something interesting I thought of post-vlog.

No comments:

Post a Comment