Tuesday, February 5, 2013

One of Those Days

     On the road to practicing radical self-love, sometimes you just wake up feeling shit about yourself. It's not because you are thinking negative thoughts about yourself, necessarily; sometimes it is just an overwhelming vibe that brings the whole idea of yourself down. I'm having one of those days. I woke up exhausted, and even after putting on makeup and getting my outfit together and trying to lift myself out of this rut, I don't feel any differently. So I've been watching Alias all morning, and I'm going to go to class, and go about my day as normally as possible. And then tomorrow, I will wake up and feel differently. I have to trust that tomorrow, I will wake up feel differently, because sometimes you have to accept that your mind works as a roller coaster, requiring a plunge to the bottom shortly after ecstatic highs. If you're feeling horrible about yourself, just remember that tomorrow is a new day, and if you don't fixate on your flaws today, you will wake up happier and healthier in the morning.

For now, remember the words of our Local Internet Hero, Kai:
"Before I say anything else, I wanna say: No matter what you done, you deserve respect; even if you make mistakes, you lovable. And it doesn't matter your looks, skills, or age, or size, or anything, you're worthwhile. No one can ever take that away from you.


Happy Living

No comments:

Post a Comment