Sunday, January 20, 2013

WHOMP.

     As made evident by this past week, I've come to realize that this Quarter is going to be rough one for me. Not to say that is not going to be lovely, some absolutely wonderful things have happened in the last several days, but my level of schoolwork has definitely reached new heights. Yesterday, I spent six and half hours on a Saturday night doing homework. And I still have a lot to do before the end of this three-day weekend. But now that I've got my thoughts organized for my two upcoming papers, I've spent every night this week contributing to Winter Recruitment for my sorority, I've moved upstairs into my best friend's room, and she's visiting home until Monday, I'm giving myself the morning to relax. I did some reading for Asian American Studies this morning, but for the past hour, I've just been sitting in bed and watching YouTube videos. How every Sunday should be. I'm also working on some posts, because I really neglected Silver Screened this week!

Until I can get my shit together, here are some of the videos I spent my morning with (:



Holden, J.D., and the Red Cap - The Catcher in the Rye Part 2
This is part of John Green's Crash Course series about English Literature. I read The Catcher in the Rye during my Freshman year of high school, and all I remember about the book was that I really loved it. I am also a huge fan of John Green, and it's just a really enjoyable and interesting video with history tid-bits and life lessons. My favorite segement in this edition is definitely the open letter! Click here to see Part 1 of this video.

 

Meet My Best Friend | Zoella
Over Winter Break, I developed a bit of a Zoe and Louise situation. I just think they are beautiful people who make entertaining, weird, funny, and genuine videos. And the two of them post quite often, so I've enjoyed catching up today. Plus, the bloopers video is hilarious.

  

HOW TO SPEND 48 HOURS IN NYC
 I have been watching DailyGrace since 2011, and seeing her life go well is strangely important to me. Since moving to L.A., Grace seems really happy, and it reflects in her videos! She always has mock-miserable thing going on in her traveling videos, so they are always funny, but this one in particular put me in a good mood. Plus, she's hanging with the Green brothers!



Day in the life of #19 SNOW DAY
I absolutely love vlogss! I think vlogs are my favorite type of YouTube video. And over Winter Break, Cathy introduced me to this adorable ball of energy by the name of Melon Lady. These descriptions are getting more repetitive as I go on, so I apologize... but she is so funny! And I honestly just love the sound of her voice.

Happy Watching ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment