Friday, January 11, 2013

Les Miserables: A Video Review

     As you could probably guess, the video below was filmed in my car, in the movie theater parking lot, during Winter Break. I actually love this review as a whole. And after a week, my lasting impression of this movie is that it is excellent! However, it is also quite long with A LOT of singing. I'll admit, I found myself missing spoken dialogue. If it's your first musical, be prepared! Watching Les Miserables is definitely a marathon, not a sprint. The emotions are also something to brace yourself for, because most people experience a flood of them. I'll admit it: I cried. And really, if a viewer cries in a theater full of strangers, I feel that the film has done something very significant indeed. But the film definitely ended on an uplifting note!!

My excitement for this movie has been a bit of a rollercoaster: first, I cringed at the prospect of a musical, then the previews made me really excited, then I forget about its existence, and finally, I started hearing people's positive comments about Les Miserables and grew more intrigued as Winter Break wore on.

I caved, and here is the aftermath! I personally am in love with this video.



Also, here's a tiny Outfit of the Day for that fine film-reviewing day (: A dress from H&M about a year ago, ditto for the cardigan, my new Forever 21 necklace, a non-working watch that I acquired from Cathy's older sister, and my new flats from Urban Outfitters!



     I've got plans for some wordy posts coming up soon! I just need to find the time to write them! (: Plus, this weekend I will maybe get to see Gangster Squad with my friends, so we'll see if that results in a review. I have mixed feelings on the film at this moment, mostly because of the way the film looks in its trailers. Is it just me, or do the visuals look extremely fake? Even the actors on screen look like a hybrid of animation and reality. Very curious indeed... But Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone were heaven in Crazy Stupid Love, so we shall see! 

Also, shameless plug: The entire time I was writing this post, I listened to Cathy's Feminism playlist.

























Happy Watching ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment