Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Rook Piercing: 5 Months Later

I can already tell this is going to be a very short and unspecific post, but considering I blogged about my rook piercing when it was first born, I figure I should at least give a final update now that it has healed!



The Week of My Rook Piercing, August 2012 vs. 5 Months Later, January 2013

So I've made it: five months into my rook piercing! According to the person who pierced it over the summer, in theory, it should be completely healed. I can now take the jewelry out, if I so desire. I don't think I ever will though; my whole attraction to the rook piercing was the look of the simple, silver barbell. But most importantly, it never hurts anymore! Now that my rook piercing has healed, I hardly notice it. I clean it with a Q-Tip and Bactine, as I explained in a update post months ago, every few days or whenever it's looking a little worse for wear. It's been months since I've done a salt soak or washed the area four times a day. The maintenance level is now next to none. And, as you can see from the photos above, the swelling has gone down considerably. No more throbbing or monitoring what side of my body I'm allowed to sleep on!

     Overall, I am very happy with my rook piercing. I'll admit, the pain was a bit much at the beginning, especially about five days after getting my ear pierced. I did considering taking it out within the first few weeks, but I'm quite relieved that I didn't. The barbell looks sick, and I still get comments about it all the time! I especially like the look with dangling earrings on the lobes. You've just got the deal with the pain for a little bit, and then, I promise (unless it gets inflected... lord jesus I cannot imagine haha) everything will get better!

I don't know what else to say really... obviously it's not a necessary purchase to make in your life, but I'm glad I chose to do so! I love the way it looks, and I love it even more now that I don't have to baby its growth any longer. Plus, knowing I was able to handle one of the most painful ear piercings is pretty cool, honestly :P 

Happy Piercing ♥  

No comments:

Post a Comment