Wednesday, July 17, 2013

YouTube Inspiration!

     Yesterday, while still lounging about and recovering from my illness, I decided to dive into my YouTube subscription box. I hadn't checked it in probably four or five days, so there was a lot to work through. And I was pleasantly surprised by the videos I found. There was so much to be inspired by, even if Grace Helbig (goddess divine!!) wants hers to be a joke. Here are three videos that serve as motivation to keep on living!


     Take Your Mind Off Of Everything by Grace Helbig. I've watched her videos for two or three years now, and she is such a genuine person. One of my favorite things is that Grace has a constant dialogue with her viewers. And I really love this video because I can tell that she actually cares in a subtle way, and that it's funny, but in making fun of itself, the video serves its purpose. It just makes the viewer happy, which I suppose was the intention! And at the end, you feel refreshed and a bit more motivated than before. :)

     
     The Problem With Seth by nerimon (Alex Day).  Recently, I haven't been a huge fan of Alex Day. Whereas I used to see him as incredibly intelligent and lovely, now he strikes me as a bit too snarky and disrespectful for my taste. Obviously I don't know him, so I can't judge if he's actually that kind of person. But recently, his videos have been less enjoyable for me than they used to be. These days, I tend to skip over his videos in my subscription box. But yesterday, I'm glad I didn't. When the subject of the video became apparent, I honestly thought he was going to shit all over it. Especially with the tone towards the beginning of the video. But I was pleasantly surprised. Really, I shouldn't have been surprised. It makes sense that this would be a serious video, because Alex is an atheist, just as I am. He is a bit more harsh about it at times, but death is not something he would take lightly. This video is a very heartfelt reflection on the immensity and mystery of death, as well as appreciating what one has in life. Enjoy.


     
     Kids React to Controversial Cheerios Commercial by TheFineBros. This video made me tear up at the end, as one girl did, because I feel so similarly to her. And I was touched that someone her age had so much empathy as to be visibly upset at racism's existence. Just as I am moved by everyone's reaction to the controversy in this video. I didn't know anything about this commercial, or the controversy surrounding it, but I am glad it is being used as a means for discussion. I hope these kids keep thinking this way and strike down racism wherever they see it. This video gives me hope for the future, in the face of so many things that leave me hopeless.

 ♥ Happy Watching

No comments:

Post a Comment