Friday, July 5, 2013

July 4th 2013

     Yesterday, I had the honor of spending Independence Day with my boyfriend and two other friends (one old and one new!). It was quiet, and generally uneventful, but we got to spend time together. We ventured around the housing communities of my university, listened to good music, and ate the most American meal we could find (hamburgers and fries, of course). In the evening, we went to a park in my friend's hometown, which was flooded with locals and food and live music. And, when night fell, we watched fireworks! I'd never seen them that close up nor heard them so loudly!! During the fireworks show, I turned my camera onto a lower shutter speed and I'm quite happy with the results. I decided not to edit the photos either because I like them so much. Craaazyyy.

Follow the "Read More" for more photos :)





     Today, I got to sleep until 11:30AM in my boyfriend's bed and spent hours by a pool with two of my sorority sisters. A near-perfect day. Of course, now that I'm back in my hometown, I feel kind of empty. I'm actually a lot sadder than I expected to be. I hate going back to my university, and hanging out with my friends there, only because I realize how much I miss it. Just walking around my college town feels more like home than it does here... which isn't anyone's fault; my life here in beyond comfortable and privileged. I'm just bored, I guess. Honestly, the only reason I like being home is to hang out with Cathy. If she were transported up to my university, everything would be perfect. But here in reality, I just have to wait it out.

Eighteen days until Europe. Eleven weeks until home. 

But this post isn't meant to be depressing! I'm tired is all. And in my sadness, with no new show to start, I'm rewatching Game of Thrones from the beginning. Here goes the pilot episode... THEY LOOK LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN. I CAN'T. Have a lovely weekend. 

 ♥ Happy Living

No comments:

Post a Comment