Sunday, January 19, 2014

Miscellaneous Thoughts

     (Oooh look! I made a vision board at the end of Winter Break to pump me up and get my motivation back. I cannot say it's entirely working, but I love it nonetheless. Gotta be my own cheerleader, you know? It's hanging in my bedroom as we speak, and I like to look it over before going to bed... how do you inspire yourself?)

     
    The first night of relaxation since the beginning of Winter Quarter. I am alone in my apartment tonight, watching Lost for the first time in weeks, and chowing down on Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips... and I am the most calm I've been since going back to school.

     I don't really know what I want to talk about today. I am currently feeling hormonal and lonely. I have been very overwhelmed with the volume of schoolwork I've endured and will have to endure this quarter... Next week, I have a paper due, a debate in my French class, a workshop about sexual assault to design and carry out, and a study abroad application to complete. The Sunday I returned to Irvine, my two roommates and I agreed that we had a bad feeling about this year. Not sure how I feel now. I haven't posted on this blog in two weeks, meaning I've already broken one of my Winter Quarter goals. I have been really into making smoothies. Even though I have seen Blackfish three times, I still do not trust it simply because it is so praised. And it is a documentary. It's really hard for me to trust documentaries. Also, fun fact: on IMDB.com, the first credited actor is "Tilikum," portraying "Himself." This week, I went to the movies by myself for the very first time. And what a movie Her is. Once the short review I wrote for Her Campus is live, I will go a little more in depth about some of my thoughts. Just know: holy hell, I loved it. It is the best film I have seen in theaters in a very long time.

     Speaking of Her Campus, here are some articles I did last quarter:
  • How Healthy Is Your Relationship?, which I wrote in honor of Domestic/Dating Violence Awareness Month in October. I am not an expert on the subject, but I utilized the handouts from my Campus Assault Peer Education class, so the information should be accurate and useful, I hope!
  • Mind Blown: Dramatizations of Hit Pop Songs. Basically a playlist of upbeat songs that were turned really emotional, depressing, or beautiful. Half of the songs I submitted are not even on here, but still enjoyable.
  • UTCinema: 12 Years A Slave. This is the first in a series I'm creating about movies playing in the theater adjacent to campus! The little cinema only plays indie films, which is pretty unique and wonderful. I stand by what I said in this review; I still think Patsey is the most important character, which is why I am going to be very annoyed if Lupita Nyong'o does not win "Best Supporting Actress" at the Oscars. I know Jennifer Lawrence is a cool and relatable person, but her win at the Golden Globes was outrageous. Seriously? I am sorry, but no! Lupita is a brilliant actress and an incredibly well-spoken woman. I think she deserves to win, and if you need convincing, I suggest you watch this video:


What else is on my mind at this moment? 
Hmmm... there have been a lot of attractive women on Tumblr this evening. 


(What is this blog about? We just don't know...) 

Okay, I need to go to bed now. Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment