Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Published for the First Time!

     I've written an article about Spring Breakers for UC Irvine's edition of Her Campus, which is a nation-wide online magazine for college girls. I joined last quarter, but never got the courage up to interject my ideas. So last week, I finally emailed one of the editors about writing an article on Spring Breakers, and she was all for it! I submitted the piece, and it's been published!! Though I'm not sure how I'll fit into the site in general, I'm hoping to get more involved this quarter. It's my first time ever having something of mine published. I was never brave enough to join my high school's newspaper, and I never looked outside of school to promote and improve upon my writing. Media journalism is what I want to do with my life, but actually trying to do it is beyond anxiety-inducing. I'm happy that I finally forced myself to submit something. So this is all very exciting!

     Though I definitely did not chose the title, and one sentence that I really liked ("Selena Gomez does a great job playing the girl who wants more than anything to break out of her comfort zone, but is the first to retreat when things start to get too risky.") was edited out, I'm really proud of this first article. 
So if you want to read it, that'd be cool.

(Again, didn't chose to the title haha)


♥ Happy Reading and Watching

No comments:

Post a Comment